As 2024 gets into full swing, is love on your mind? Many are thinking about love at this time of year, after leaving December, which is the most popular month for wedding proposals and with Valentine’s Day approaching.
So, whether you have just started a new relationship, are recently engaged or been together for years, every relationship can benefit from taking some quality time out of everyday life to focus on being a couple. No matter the time of year!
When asked the question ‘What is the city of love?’ Paris may immediately spring to mind, but we think there’s no better city for sparking romance than London. After all, the city’s beautiful architecture sets the stage for the perfect romantic backdrop. Take a moment to think about Tower Bridge perfectly illuminated across the shimmering River Thames, the London Eye’s gentle rotation and the regal presence of Buckingham palace… It all lends to creating the perfect atmosphere for a romantic weekend away.
In this article we’ll talk about how to plan a romantic weekend in London.
1. Take a Stroll in the Royal Parks: Let nature’s beauty enhance the connection you share as you wander hand-in-hand through the picturesque landscapes of Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens or Regent’s Park. You’ll be spoilt for choice by the green spaces available in London. Top tip! These areas make the perfect spot to plan a romantic London picnic, you can go to town with a luxury hamper or simply pack some chocolate covered strawberries and prosecco to share. It’s guaranteed to go down a treat.
2. Sample London’s Culinary Scene: There are the thousands of eateries available to choose from in London’s comprehensive restaurant scene, whatever your foodie wish you can be sure to be able to satisfy it! Whether you want to go all out and go on a gastronomic adventure by booking a table at a Michelin star restaurant or share an intimate meal in a dimly lit bistro.
3. Explore the City by Water: For a unique perspective on London, why not book a romantic cruise along River Thames. The city takes on a different charm when viewed from the water, with iconic landmarks transforming into silhouettes against the night sky.
4. Date Night in the West End: What better way to cap off a romantic day than with a date night in the West End? Lose yourselves in the world of theatre, where captivating performances and timeless stories unfold on the stage. The West End’s enchanting atmosphere is the perfect backdrop for creating memories that will linger long after the curtains fall.
5. Couples Spa at the Bentley: Unwind side by side, let the stress melt away, and create lasting memories with a Couples Spa Package. It’s the perfect escape from every day and the best London date activity. At the Bentley we have a selection of packages designed specifically for two, which are also available to purchase as gift vouchers to use at the perfect time. What better way to say I love you?
We also have a selection of special edition Valentine’s Day Spa Packages available, which combine the scents of love into a sumptuous experience to immerse all the senses. We also offer 10% La Sultane de Saba products with these packages.
No matter the season, London emerges as an ideal destination for a romantic break. Elevate your experience by opting for a stay in a luxury suite at The Bentley, where spacious opulence takes your plans to another level. Plus, why not consider booking our Date Night package to add some extra special touches to your break, like pre-dinner cocktails, dinner included and spa perks.
We hope to see you soon at The Bentley Hotel and Spa London.